Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Canvas And The Best Real Life Story Ever!!!!

Hello I have the best inspirational story to link you to over at Lisa Minckler's blog!

She gave me just a few notes about what she wanted for a canvas that she asked me to make for her, I was scared at first.  After calming down with excitement I let my creative juices flow and then I stopped to think "am I doing this right?"  But then I just let it go and created what I hoped Lisa wanted from me.



Yes she is not my usual canvas style and you are probably wondering why I altered her eyes.  You need to go read the best real life story ever at Lisa Minckler's Blog only she can tell it!!!!!

Here are bits and pieces of her story just a teaser

"you'll literally be my arms and legs' kept replaying in my mind.    HOLY CRAP...I wanted to ralph right there on the side of the road."
"my ears were filled with the glorious sound of her doorbell that seemed like the singing of little angels. My nerves were instantly calmed as the door slowly opened and what I saw on the other side of  the threshold would change my life forever."


" GASP...what the hell did I just say??? Did I just completely botch this?"


"Now, here's where I tell you a bit more about Cheryl and explain the reason for this incredible canvas."  

"We sat down at the kitchen table and she opened up her life to me and explained why I was sitting in the home of  a woman in a wheelchair, drinking tea and talking."

" That was Cheryl's welcome home party.
She ended the story with, "Yah, it pretty much sucked."


 "See, Cheryl is a very attractive woman who prides herself on always looking her best. She has that gorgeous thick black shiny hair that makes all the rest of us women sick and her makeup is done to perfection;"
   
"When I walked back into the room, I nearly pee'd myself. 
I had never seen a more ridiculous sight in all my life and I don't think I've laughed that hard in forever."
 "finally able to explain that the cones were" 

"And different she is...and wonderful and inspiring and most definitely a human being that I respect and admire."
"So what does this have to do with my earlobe after all of that?"


To find out the whole story and it is worth reading, please go to Lisa's Blog Post Here and you will laugh and cry.

I was so honored to be part of Lisa's story but so moved as I read it.  As I was reading her story I was so emotional after realizing how my canvas was fitting into it.  Divine direction is the only way I could create a canvas to match her story.  Lisa is amazing, so is Cheryl and you will be moved by this, in a good way.  Thank you Lisa for asking me to paint your story!!

 GO READ HER STORY  you will love it.
Have a great day!
Kelly

23 comments:

  1. Wow Kelly... wow, wow, wow! I'm a little speechless right now and therefore not quite sure what to say. I looked at your canvas pics first and of course did all the oohing and awwwwing that another masterpiece deserves. Then I go to read Lisa's post and what an incredible story. Now when I come back to yours, it all makes perfect sense, every single item on your board has a meaning and it is of course gorgeous. A fabulous piece of work and she chose the right person to put the story on canvas. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I totally understand the canvas now, it is a very moving, inspiring story of friendship and delight, sadness and laughter all at the same time. Your canvas is perfection! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond delighted that you joined in in this endeavor and I couldn't be MORE happy with your amazing canvas hanging right on my wall!! A thousand thank you's wouldn't be enough to tell you how happy you've made me to make this memory so special for me. So happy I met you Kelly. You're a truly wonderful person and so tremendously talented and I'm thrilled to call you friend. :)
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do understand the canvas now after reading Lisa's story. It is a very moving story and I am passing it on to some friends. You did a great job and I can see why she is excited about your work. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story, Kelly ,and what a beautiful canvas you created....BRAVO!!!!!!!! You are so incredibly talented, my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I went to Lisa's blog and have read her story two times. I think you did a marvelous job with this special canvas Kelly. I want to say more but at this moment I am speechless.
    Hugs Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this post over at Lisa's and laughed and cried, and just love your canvas. What an extraordinary creative act to take that story and bring this amazing piece of art to life. Inspired and inspiring... thank you.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just visited Lisa's blog... What an inspiring story... your canvas Kelly is AMAZING.. you are so talented..your work is breathtaking... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh you foxy lady - you posted just as Lisa posted it - very artsy fartsy. You are most talented my friend. And your light is just starting to shine - you wait kid!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an artist to the core! I too went to Lisa's blog and really enjoyed her story. You have captured her story on this canvas. What talent my friend!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowwww Kelly .. I am in AWE of your work! This is just AMAZING! I can't even put into words what I feel! Every emotion, the way you translate things onto canvas .. the way you "see" things .. it's BRILLIANT! Absolutely BRILLIANT!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Read your post and had to pop over to Lisa`s Blog to see what it was all about.
    You have captured everything in such an amazing way.............the whole thing is absolutely wonderful

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Kelly, this is such a gorgeous art work!! Your details are amazing and I love the story behind it all! :) Thanks for sharing your lovely works and your kind comments to me! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kelly

    Love your canvas - People sometimes say my cards are 'a work of art' but I do love to see 'real' works of art like this! Just fabulous hun.x
    Deb.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Kelly this is absolutely amazing.
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kelly,
    Read Lisa's story, (which was very moving), and you have captured everything perfectly in your artwork on canvas. Absolutely brilliant!! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just fantastic, fabulous, terrific, love this creation !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is amazing! You are very creative and you can tell you put your heart and soul into your work.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautifully made canvas Kelly, you've put a lot into this and it's been well worth it.
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday, hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Kelly! What a way to commemorate/represent this moving story. So full of passion and love. You're amazing, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. i am speechless Kelly! and your creation is simply stunning. i am not sure, if i do understand everything....i am not sure, really, but think it is alright :)

    Biggest of hugs
    Dunja

    ReplyDelete
  22. I checked out Lisa's post. It is an amazing story. I really like the saying that you chose for this canvas. You captured this story wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!