Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Magnolia-licious Challenge "Love is in the air"

Hello and Welcome to the Magnolia-licious Challenge "Love is in the Air"

Pinch me I still cannot believe I am a Magnolia-licious DT! lol
 For this challenge I made a Top Hat


The images I used are "Tilda with Dot bow" and "Bonny Tilda", both are colored in Copics. 


On Tilda's outfit I used a Gelly roll pen and a Micron 01 pen to make the white and black dots.


I found this very pretty tulle and pearl piece at Hobby Lobby and it fit perfectly around the base of the hat. To dress the bottom up more I added a few pearls and flowers.


The top of the hat is covered in lace with a Memory Box heart box die, which I put tulle inside so it would cascade out of the heart box and down the side. I also used WOC, Magnolia and Kort and Godt flowers on top.


I cut our the paper feathers and distressed them a bit and then added it to the feathery taupe feather along with gorgeous sugared Prima flowers.


A better look at the top


Here is the back of the hat with some hearts, pearls and the Doohickey die, large butterfly.


I love those little Magnolia hearts.  On one of the hearts I Frantaged a metal key with Shabby White.


My top hat was destroyed by our playful kitty.  She climbed up to my shelves on the wall and had a lot of fun with this hat, lol thankfully I had this photographed for my DT post. 



Don't forget to share a comment on the Challenge Posts & "W"ednesday posts. If you leave comments on the DT girls blogs and/or the posts on this challenge blog...you will be ENTERED to WIN!!  
The more blogs you comment on for each challenge or post, the better your chances to win! 

Every week one random commenter from all the 
blogs/posts will be chosen to win a prize! 
Comment winners are posted every Wednesday! Please make sure to add your email if you post comments anonymously so we can contact you...thanks!


Good luck to you all and thank you so much for visiting my blog!
I truly appreciate your comments!
Hugs Kelly



13 comments:

  1. Oh wow ! You're so creative ! This is beauuuuutiful !!!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, K! You've created another incredible project! Huge contrats on your new DT! I'm so happy for you! An email will be coming very soon...I hope! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!! what a fabulous posh top hat decoration Kelly, love the many details and your choice of stamps. Stunning work hon. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one gorgeous top hat!! You did an outstanding job Kelly! Great design and details. Looks like your kitty loved it too. Thank goodness you had pictures taken. Congrats to you once again!!!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Kelly. Love the Tildas and your candle is beautifully embellished. Your project is a real work of art.
    Congratulations on the DT - very well deserved. I am the same as you - I cant believe I am a Ribbon Girl.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOO to the cat! It was utterly amazing, a feast for the senses indeed, no wonder the kitty liked it. Love your use of the die cuts and pretty tulle. You did a wonderful job Kelly. I am so glad to have you on the team.
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if this was the project your cat "played" with... will lotssss of attractive things there for a cat! no wonder. Beautiful project Kelly, fabulous decoration. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so perfect for the team Kelly and this hat creation show just why you are so perfect! This is a fantastic creation - an absolute delight! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new DT, Kelly. This creation is so gorgeous! Love all the beautiful details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Hat! Beautifully embellished. Love your choice of stamps.

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project Kelly, love it with all the pretty details and Magnolia images

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are ABSOLUTELY right, that top hat IS gorgeous!!!! You are amazing at making these. Love the paper elements added with the softness of the tulle and the feather...really a classy and stunning mixture. :)
    Big hugs!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulously dramatic creation - telling the story, drawing the eye from character to character... brilliant! I love how the top hat becomes a fairytale tower - wonderful. And so many congratulations on being on the Magnolia-licious team... that's such great news - for them too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!