Saturday, May 7, 2016

Caged passion Canvas

I finally found time to make a long canvas using some Prima techniques I learned and their products. The products are shown in the photo below.


These are the coloring elements I used for the canvas.  I assembled it with Prima's moulding paste and used their black and white gesso to get 2 different color effects from their opal magic paint by Finnabair.


This canvas is 18" x 36" and hangs in my bathroom for now.  I do want to sell it and make more similar to this. 


The bottom of the Bird Cage from Prima is adorned with flowers that I black gessoed with a touch of white and then adding the opal magic paint. I also used Artist stones, chipboard from Dusty Attic, 2 masks, cardboard, Prima relics and a vintage spoon.


The inside of the cage I glued Prima heart relic and some melange with a few of Finnabair's metals. I had originally made this cage for a Easter project and kept some of those elements.


The bottom of the canvas has a garden theme of flowers, leaves, dirt and the spoon.


The top of the canvas shows more of the card board and you can see the difference between the black gesso and the white gesso by the 2 metallic paint opal magic that I used. 


3D effect of the cage, I really glued this one down and waited a very long time before hanging to make sure it did not fall off. Prima's moulding paste is great along with locktite and glossy accents around the edges.


Here it is in my bedroom against the purple walls, this goes with every color in my home.


The lighting shows variable metallics


I really enjoyed this one, it didn't take long to make it as most of it was the drying time for everything. 


Thank you for stopping by my blog for a closer look.  I want to sell this canvas and I have checked in options like local consignment shops, etsy, ect.  My question to you is How Much Should I Charge For This?? Your honest opinion would help me with the impending decisions.
Thank you so much!
Have a great day
Kelly



6 comments:

  1. WOW HOLI COW!!! Very very impressive!!! Love that bird cage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, this is just so gorgeous, you are very talented, I'd love the courage to do something like this, it's just brilliant!
    Sorry but I couldn't put a price on it for you, I'd say to the right person it's priceless! Hugs, happy Mother's Day 🌺🌷xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, K! It's fantastic! I can see where you must have had a LOT of fun creating it! Can't wait to see more projects like this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally outstanding! Wow you are onto something here! I've not seen anything like this and I love it! The colors and textures are phenomenal! Looking forward to more of these canvas. Wowzers! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely stunning canvas Kelly! I love the colour tones and the beautiful textures, it has a very ethereal quality to it... gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes Kel! I loved the other canvas and didn't think it could get better and then I scrolled down to see what else you are doing and saw this. Love, love, love this... the cage is gorgeous and the way you built the piece around it is so creative. Another mini masterpiece girl!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!